I love incorporating exercises that use the pull up bar in my routine. Since I started hanging at least once a week, I have noticed several benefits:
- My hands, arms, shoulders, core, and hips flexors feel stronger.
- My shoulder range of motion has improved.
- After I hang, my back feels better aligned.
- Being able to hold me up gives me a general feeling of confidence.
Here is one of my favorite core routines using an overhead bar. You can use a step stool for easier access to the bar.
1. Hang on the bar – Pull Up Bar
and avoid swinging. 30 secs
2. Knees To Chest
pull your knees to your chest using your abs and return to start position with control. 10 reps.
3. Straight Leg Raises
pull your knees to hip height using your abs. Return to start position with control. 10 reps
Give these exercises a try one after the other. You can work toward doing this routine without coming down in between for a total of 2 mins.
See the video below for demonstration Pull Up Bar.
If you are interested in learning more core exercises and overhead bar exercises, sign up for my exercise membership subscription.