SINGLE LEG AIRPLANE
Single leg airplane is a bodyweight exercise used to improve single leg balance and hip mobility while strengthening the posterior chain.
- -Stand on one foot with arms reaching out to the side.
- -Activate your mid back muscles to lock your arms in position
- -With your abs and glutes engaged, bend your knee slightly and hinge your hips as your reach one leg straight behind you.
- -Pause and establish balance, then slowly bring the leg back to standing position with feet together.
- -Repeat on the same leg for your desired amount of reps before switching to the other leg.
- -Keep your chest lifted and gaze through your eyebrows throughout.
- -Breathe smoothly, and maintain a grounded feeling through the planted foot.