I enjoy incorporating dumbbell exercises into my routine. Now, I can do simple, dynamic, and powerful movements using dumbbells. I keep them in the garage, I take them with me to the park and I use them at the gym.
Here are 12 of my favorite exercises using a dumbbell:
1. Dumbbell squats really engage my glutes and hamstrings. My buns and thighs feel strong after I do them.
2. Dumbbell hip bridge is a simple exercise that targets my glutes from a lying position. I feel connected to my glutes and core after I do them.
3. Dumbbell bent-over row strengthens my mid-back and glutes. I feel my posterior chain after I do them.
4. Dumbbell side lunges engage my inner thighs and outer glutes. My legs feel toned and my hips feel more mobile after I do them.
5. Dumbbell chest press (feet up) strengthens my chest, arms, and abs. My upper body feels strong and powerful after I chest press.
6. Dumbbell single leg deadlift recruits the core hamstrings and glutes. My leg strength feels more even and my hips feel more stable after I do this exercise.
7. Dumbbell renegade row strengthens your back, arms, core, and glutes. I really feel my core during and after the exercise.
8. Dumbbell alternating reverse lunge curl strengthens my biceps, buns, and thighs simultaneously. All while improving balance!
9. Dumbbell chop is a fun, dynamic movement that targets my core muscles. I feel athletic while doing this movement.
10. Dumbbell squat overhead press builds power in my legs, glutes, core, and upper body. I am usually ‘good sore’ everywhere the next day.
11. Dumbbell renegade row to stand is a fun, athletic exercise. This move targets my core, back, legs and glutes, while challenging my cardio.
12. Dumbbell single-leg row to single-arm overhead press is the most challenging exercise for me on this list. I love exercises that combine strength and balance.
See me demonstrate each exercise in the video below:
To learn more dumbbell exercises, sign up for my exercise video membership subscription.